The objective of this position is to generate revenue for the company through successful project sales efforts.
- Identify ten (10) legitimate “Glenn Rieder” type opportunities to bid per quarter.
- Cultivate opportunities into sales for the company.
- Develop relationships with strategic individuals, general contractors, developers and owners that will lead to successful sales opportunities for the Company.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of marketing materials for the company.
- Participate in Sales meetings to review progress on jobs that you are tracking or bidding.
- Identify ways to improve contract gross margin during the bidding process.
- Provide the Estimator with all relevant information to include but not limited to a completed Sales Information Sheet, drawings, and specifications.
- Work with the Estimating staff by assisting them with vendor sourcing and pricing.
Secondary Job Functions:
During the sales and marketing process:
- Evaluate potential profitability of bidding opportunities and consult with the VP of Estimating and Global Procurement on whether or not to bid on the project after reviewing the drawings and establishing the amount of time it will take to estimate the project.
- Monitor the activities of the owner/developer, architect/designer and contractor which relate to GRI’s successful completion of a project. Communicate with said parties regarding their activities and demonstrate to them how they can benefit from GRI’s services.
- Document internal and external activities and events that impact the profitability, timely completion and quality of prospective projects.
Upon being awarded a project:
- Participate in turnover meetings with GRI Operations personnel concerning the new project.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the newly assigned GRI project manager to ensure a smooth transition from Sales and Estimating to Operations.
- Maintain contact with the customer as required to evaluate contract progress and ensure that the customer needs are being met.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 year’s experience in Millwork, Carpentry, or Drywall Estimating.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Construction Management, Architectural Drafting, or related field is preferred.
- Prior working experience on the millwork shop floor as a Shop Manager/Plant Manager/Shop Foreman and/or knowledge of how to build is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in architectural millwork.
- Previous experience working in millwork shop is preferred.
- Ability to work under time pressures.
- Ability to anticipate and understand design problems contained in bid documents and propose solutions for a more competitive bid.
- Ability to manage priorities throughout the entire duration of one large estimating project.
- Ability to understand other building industry disciplines.
- Ability to read blueprints, interior design, and architectural drawings.
- Ability to keep current on contemporary materials and processes.
- Working knowledge of custom millwork fabrication and subcontracting practices within the construction industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.