The Estimator is responsible for developing timely and accurate project cost estimates. This includes timely and continuous communication with the Sales, Manufacturing and Operations teams. The Estimator will use project drawings, specifications, and job-specific requirements to develop an accurate estimate of the project costs. The Estimator will utilize a variety of computer software applications to develop the bid and subsequent proposal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide project cost estimates using industry practices and experiences.
- Identify, record, and convey project-related scope of work and specifications.
- Documentation of errors, omissions, and ambiguities found in bid documents.
- Sourcing and qualifying project-related vendors and suppliers.
- Confirmation and justification of all costs applied to an estimate.
- Preparation of bid documents such as company proposals, bid forms, on-screen takeoffs. And other pertinent documents.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Participate in scope review meetings with customers to demonstrate the company’s knowledge of the project and expertise in the architectural metal fabrication industry.
- Pricing and review of change order requests.
- Review of shop drawings to identify deviations from estimated methods and costs.
- Preparing reports and estimate documentation for participation in project hand-off meetings.
- Provide technical support for sales presentations. This may include but is not limited to detailed material specifications; proper means and methods of manufacturing, and installation techniques.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, or related field required; or a combination of industry experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in architectural metal fabrication industry.
- Ability to read blueprints, interior design and architectural drawings.
- Comprehension of job cost records and their estimating applications.
- Familiarity with common metals such as brass, bronze, steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under time pressure and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization, as well as customers and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.