Full Time; Core business hours of 7:00am until 3:30pm Monday – Friday with additional overtime hours as required.
At the direction of the Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, and/or Plant Manager, completes assigned work according to the work order, to the satisfaction of the customer and to the quality standards of Glenn Rieder, Inc.
Essential Job Functions:
• Completing all duties assigned by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager, while making the most efficient use of time, raw materials, and equipment
• Setting up, operating, and maintaining various Rough Mill machines: hot press, glue spreader, panel cleaner, straight-line rip saw, jointer saw, edge bander, panel saw, CNC, planer, molder, and other equipment as trained
• Reading drawings, grinding knives, setting up and running moulder, setting up and running various shapers
• Understanding constructability of radius moldings
• Reading and comprehending shop drawings
• Working 40 to 50+ hour work weeks
• Obeying all company, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies’ safety regulations
• Keeping department clean and organized
• Demonstrating knowledge of:
o Wood species and grades
o Particle boards
• Working individually with little supervision
• Working as a team and communicating effectively with management and all employees
Secondary Job Functions:
• Training lesser skilled employees as directed by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Some additional training at technical school is preferred
• Minimum of 5-10 years previous experience in a millwork shop, carpentry shop, and/or working knowledge of woodworking preferred
• This position operates in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
• Must pass pre-employment physical / musculoskeletal exam
• Must pass drug screening
• Must pass an audiogram test
• Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds on a daily basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.