At the direction of either the Plant Manager or Finishing Supervisor complete assigned work within hours shown on project work orders, to the satisfaction of the customer and to the quality standards of Glenn Rieder, Inc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completing all duties assigned by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager while making the most efficient use of time, raw materials, and equipment
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining all relevant tools and equipment used in the finishing department; sanders, sprayers, exhaust booths, etc.
- Brush, spray, or hand apply wood finishes such as primer, paint, stain, lacquers, sealers, and other commercial coatings
- Products require extensive preparatory work prior to applying finish material; i.e. sanding, smoothing, filling, masking areas, and repairing imperfections in wood
- Reading and comprehending shop drawings
- Working 40 to 50+ hour work weeks
- Obeying all company, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies’ safety regulations
- Keeping department clean and organized
- Maintaining or reducing estimated labor/material costs for each project
- Consulting with engineering and Production Manager on construction techniques
- Fabricating custom wood products in accordance with drawings provided by drafting department
- Familiarity with architectural millwork products and AWI industry standards
- Demonstrating knowledge of wood characteristics and wood finishing products
- Working individually with little supervision
- Working as a team and communicating effectively with management and all employees
- High School Diploma or GED. Some additional training at technical school is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a millwork shop, carpentry shop, and/or working knowledge of woodworking is preferred
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.