At the direction of either the Plant Manager or Finishing Supervisor complete assigned work within hours shown on project work orders, to the satisfaction of the customer and to the quality standards of Glenn Rieder, Inc.
- Completing all duties assigned by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager while making the most efficient use of time, raw materials, and equipment
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining all relevant tools and equipment used in the finishing department; sanders, sprayers, exhaust booths, etc.
- Brush, spray, or hand apply wood finishes such as primer, paint, stain, lacquers, sealers, and other commercial coatings
- Products require extensive preparatory work prior to applying finish material; i.e. sanding, smoothing, filling, masking areas, and repairing imperfections in wood
- Reading and comprehending shop drawings
- Working 40 to 50+ hour work weeks
- Obeying all company, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies’ safety regulations
- Keeping department clean and organized
- Maintaining or reducing estimated labor/material costs for each project
- Consulting with engineering and Production Manager on construction techniques
- Fabricating custom wood products in accordance with drawings provided by drafting department
- Familiarity with architectural millwork products and AWI industry standards
- Demonstrating knowledge of wood characteristics and wood finishing products
- Working individually with little supervision
- Working as a team and communicating effectively with management and all employees
Training lesser skilled employees as directed by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some additional training at technical school is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a millwork shop, carpentry shop, and/or working knowledge of woodworking is preferred
This position operates in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- Must pass pre-employment physical / musculoskeletal exam
- Must pass drug screening
- Must pass an audiogram test
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds on a daily basis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to see and differentiate color and to focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.