At the direction of the Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, and/or Plant Manager, completes assigned work according to the work order, to the satisfaction of the customer and to the quality standards of Glenn Rieder, Inc.
- Completing all duties assigned by Rough Mill Supervisor, Lead Person, Shop Foreman, or Plant Manager, while making the most efficient use of time, raw materials, and equipment
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining various Rough Mill machines: hot press, glue spreader, panel cleaner, straight-line rip saw, jointer saw, edge bander, panel saw, CNC, planer, molder, and other equipment as trained
- Reading and comprehending shop drawings
- Working 40 to 50+ hour work weeks
- Obeying all company, OSHA, and other state and federal agencies’ safety regulations
- Keeping department clean and organized
- Demonstrating knowledge of:
- Wood species and grades
- Particle boards
- Working individually with little supervision
- Working as a team and communicating effectively with management and all employees
- High School Diploma or GED. Some additional training at technical school is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a millwork shop, carpentry shop, and/or working knowledge of woodworking preferred
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.