Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for supporting the quality system from handoff meeting until the completion of the job. The job of the Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer is to ensure the organization is meeting the expectation of the company quality system and continually targeting the elimination of cost or nonvalue-added activity. The incumbent will work directly with Project Managers, Engineering / Detailing, Procurement, and Manufacturing as part of their job duties.
- Reduce the cost for designing product and creation of shop drawings, while meeting customer product and quality expectations. Specifically focusing on eliminating waste or non-value time within current processes.
- Provide expertise within the millwork industry
- Product knowledge
- Installation knowledge
- Manufacturing processes
- Industry Trade Expertise (AWI)
- Ability to understand and execute change, with the goal of standardizing business processes within all GRI locations.
- Responsible for identifying and supporting implementation of process improvements that impact quality, earnings, manufacturing speed and capacity, and reduce ‘extra’ or unplanned field costs.
- Support of the GRI Quality System with a focus on improving earnings while meeting the needs of specific customers. The quality system covers from handoff process (beginning of project) to final receipt of payment and include support of product warranty.
- Work with Plant Manager to identify and support continuous improvement changes related to manufacturing.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent work experinence.
- 1-3 years experience in Quality and Continuous Improvement is desired.
- Ability to work in a team in a collaborative manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in problem solving/analysis.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize, and implement alternate solutions to challenges.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Internet savvy with competence in Microsoft Office applications. Strong MS Excel proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel including occasional trips to Mexico.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.