The Estimator is responsible for developing timely and accurate project cost estimates for projects in excess of $1M. This includes timely and continuous communication with the Sales, Manufacturing and Operations teams. The Estimator will use project drawings, specifications, and job specific requirements to develop an accurate estimate of the project costs. The Estimator will utilize a variety of computer software applications to develop the bid and subsequent proposal.
- Responsible for the development of strategic bids that provide a detailed analysis of costs, alternative materials, potential risks, and recommendations. This includes presentation of data to the Executive and Leadership teams
- Provide project cost estimates using industry practices and experiences
- Identify, record, and convey project related scope of work and specifications
- Documentation of errors, omissions, and ambiguities found in bid documents
- Partner with the Sales, Operations and Manufacturing teams to ensure continuity of the project and that timelines are met
- Participate in scope review meetings with customers to demonstrate the company’s knowledge of the project and expertise in the millwork industry
- Sourcing and qualifying project related vendors and suppliers
- Incorporating strategies and pricing directives of VP of Preconstruction
- Confirmation and justification of all costs applied to an estimate
- Responsible for the development of level and intermediate Estimators. This includes functioning as a resource, and guide through peer mentorship
- Pricing and review of change order requests
- Comprehension of job cost records and their estimating applications
- Review of shop drawings to identify deviations from estimated methods and costs
- Preparing reports and estimate documentation for participation in project hand-off meetings
- Provide technical support for sales presentations. This may include, but is not limited to detailed material specifications; proper means and methods of manufacturing, and installation techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, or related field required; or a combination of industry experience and education
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in millwork, carpentry, drywall, or similar industry
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and expertise within the industry of millwork in both the Shop and field
- Ability to read blueprints, interior design and architectural drawings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to work under time pressure, and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
This position operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to see and differentiate color and to focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.