The objective of this position is to complete shop drawings assigned on a complete, accurate, and timely basis and in compliance with the quality standards of AWI and Glenn Rieder, Inc.
- Accountable for the completeness, accuracy, and readability of all drawings assigned by Director of Drafting utilizing AutoCAD and Inventor software
- Accountable for completing assigned drawings within time frames established by Director of Drafting
- Produce submittal ready shop drawings which satisfy the project requirements, the company’s needs / standards, & AWI grade requirements using AutoCAD software
- Proficient in the ability to interpret design documents. This includes both architectural and interior design drawings and specifications
- Review, analyze and coordinate documents of related trades. This including kitchen equipment, structural, lighting, passage door frame and hardware, owner equipment
- Interpret estimating documents as compared to design and note discrepancies to director
- Understand Glenn Rieder fabrication methods, and depict those methods on the shop drawings
- Uphold the drafting standards of the department
- Responsible for giving input to Director of Drafting and Estimating department regarding value engineering
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of shop drawings files
- On-site field measuring
- Participation in design meetings
- Use of Revit software for BIM coordination as projects dictate
- Coordinate the efforts of either in-house and/or outsource drafting vendors as the department director requires
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in related field preferred; experience may suffice in lieu of educational requirements
- Minimum 1-year previous experience in architectural millwork required; related construction industry experience is a plus and previous experience working in millwork shop is preferred
- Proficient in reading blueprints and architectural drawings
- Working knowledge of custom millwork fabrication and subcontracting practices within the construction industry
- Strong AutoCAD 2d skills; some 3d skills are a plus
- Autodesk Inventor & Revit experience a plus
- Experience with MS Excel and Bluebeam
- High attention to detail with the ability to communicate intent through drawings
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to coordinate multiple projects running simultaneously
This position operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. While this position is largely a sedentary role, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to see and differentiate color and to focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.