The primary function of the Estimating Intern is to assist Estimators with entry level tasks and intermediate tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Gain understanding of the Glenn Rieder processes and the construction industry in general.
• Assist estimators in completing takeoffs and developing pricing.
• Sourcing and qualifying project related vendors and suppliers.
• Assist in the preparation of bid documents such as company proposals, bid forms, on screen takeoffs, and other pertinent documents.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Assist with pricing and review of change order requests.
• Review of shop drawings to identify deviations from estimated methods and costs.
• Assist with the preparation of reports and estimate documentation for participation in project hand-off meetings.
• Provide technical support for sales presentations. This may include, but is not limited to detailed material specifications, proper means and methods of manufacturing and installation techniques.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Currently enrolled in an accredited program focused on one of the related fields: construction management, construction engineering, or related field.
• Introductory understanding on how to read blueprints, interior design and architectural drawings.
• Basic understanding of job costs associated with a construction project.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under time pressure, and prioritize.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization, as well as customers and vendors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.