The primary function of the Associate Estimator is to assist Estimators with entry level tasks and intermediate tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Documentation of errors, omissions, and ambiguities found in bid documents.
- Participate in scope review meetings with customers to demonstrate the company’s knowledge of the project and expertise in the millwork industry.
- Sourcing and qualifying project related vendors and suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents such as company proposals, bid forms, on screen takeoffs. And other pertinent documents.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist with pricing and review of change order requests.
- Review of shop drawings to identify deviations from estimated methods and costs.
- Assist with the preparation of reports and estimate documentation for participation in project hand-off meetings.
- Provide technical support for sales presentations. This may include, but is not limited to detailed material specifications; proper means and methods of manufacturing, and installation techniques.
- Associate’s degree in construction management, or related field required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in technical role related to the construction industry.
- Ability to read blueprints, interior design and architectural drawings.
- Comprehension of job cost records and their estimating applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under time pressure, and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization, as well as customers and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.