This position is responsible for the billings and collections of a multimillion-dollar manufacturing company. Working with the accounting team, the Accounts Receivable intern coordinates approximately 20-30 monthly contract pay applications, follows up on outstanding billings, and monitors Subcontractor pay applications. This position meets weekly with the Corporate Accountant to discuss open billings and collections.
- Coordinate, assemble, and submit approximately 20-30 monthly contract pay applications using AIA form G702/G703 or similar formats.
- Follow up on payment status for outstanding billings
- Prepare notes for weekly Accounts Receivable meetings
- Monitor Subcontractor pay applications, preparing them for payment based on payment terms from subcontract (usually pay when paid)
- Import new Purchase Orders from 2020 to Spectrum daily, follow up on errors
- Collect data and create pivot tables for monthly stock inventory issuances
- Miscellaneous projects for accounting department
- Assist with answering phones and door, sorting and distributing mail, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a two-year or four-year accounting/business-type degree program
- 1 year of Accounting experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Experience creating pivot tables and multi-tab spreadsheets
- Must be a hands-on contributor
This position operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to five pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to see and differentiate color and to focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.