Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance and recording of financial transactions, Accounts Receivable, and be an integral part of preparing monthly financial statements. The Corporate Accountant will also manage and produce documentation for jobs billing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with the Corporate Controller and CFO in the annual budgeting and planning process, compare to actual results when preparing financials.
- Assist Corporate Controller in Audit and Tax correspondence, as needed.
- Work with Corporate Controller to complete monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly cash projection.
- Work closely with project managers to keep billings timely and accurate.
- Other functions not limited to: recording GL transactions, assisting Accounts Payable, sales & use tax filing, commissions tracking, bond cost maintenance.
- Prepare 1099s at year-end.
- Preparation of monthly billings and pay applications to customers. This includes helping to set up Schedule of Value spreadsheets, working with Project Managers to update percent complete by area monthly and sending to customer before contractual deadline
- Enter billings into accounting software and issues credit memos/corrections when required
- Review aging report and collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts
- Enters cash receipts/wire payments and maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions to applicable systems. Reconciles monthly entries to accounting system and excel spreadsheets
- Process all unconditional and conditional waivers and supplier releases/waivers
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns and submitting said payments.
- Preparation of Job Status Report, 12-month report, and Sales/Use Tax memorandums.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Oversee month-end activities and create journal entries.
- Perform GL and account reconciliation.
- Responsible for bank reconciliation and daily bank updates, as well as recording all “petty cash” transactions.
- Post monthly accrual journal entries, fixed assets and depreciation.
- Assist with Financial reporting, preparing supporting schedules, and analyzing data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent education and experience required
- 2-4 years of accounting or related experience preferred
- CPA required
- Construction accounting experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization, as well as customers and vendors
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications and data entry into a business enterprise software program required. This includes intermediate Excel skills with experience creating and working with spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Our application process
click the Apply Now button above, fill out your information and upload your resume! We will send you an email to confirm your application with a link to complete our Cultural Index Survey.