Milwaukee Federal Courthouse Building Milwaukee, WI
Glenn Rieder recently completed a jaw-dropping remodel of Second Floor Courtroom and Judge’s Chambers in the Milwaukee Federal Courthouse Building. The Federal Courthouse is a massive granite edifice originally constructed in 1892-1899 and now recognized on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Glenn Rieder’s partners on the project included Interactive Design Architects (designer and architect), D.G. Beyer Construction (general contractor) and the General Services Administration of the United States Government (owner/developer).
The project challenge was to match the remodeled interior to conform to the period of beautifully handcrafted millwork of the late 1890’s, the era when the building was originally commissioned. The complete interior of both the Courtroom and Judge’s Chambers was produced with quarter cut White Oak.
Glenn Rieder handcrafted all of the intricate millwork, including ceiling beams, wall paneling and courtroom fixtures. The judge’s bench and jury box included elaborate hand carved accents fabricated locally at Glenn Rieder’s Milwaukee offices.
The Milwaukee Federal Courthouse Building marked our first project with the United States Government's General Services Administration. We were delighted to work with such a wonderful team.
Owner | Developer:
United States Government's General Services Administration
Designer | Architect:
Interactive Design Architects
D.G. Beyer Construction
New Berlin, WI